About the U.S. Foundation’s Local Grants Program
We believe in operating globally but also in supporting local organizations in the communities in which we live and work. Since establishing the PIMCO Foundation in 2000, we have worked to support hundreds of local nonprofits. Our Foundations in the U.S., U.K. and Germany support local communities via local grant programs.
Focus areas include:
- Hunger - We have long supported efforts to alleviate hunger in the communities where we live and work. Through this focus area, we have a strategic partnership with The Global Food Banking Network as well as partnerships with Community Action Partnership of Orange County’s Food Bank and New York Common Pantry. We do not accept applications for our hunger-related grant-making.
- Gender equality - We match the resources, time and talents of our people with leading organizations around the world tackling the essential challenges facing girls and women today. We do not accept applications for our gender equality-related grant-making.
In addition to our focus on hunger and gender equality, our U.S. Local Grants Program focuses on homelessness and college and career readiness.
2019 U.S. Local Grants Program Now Closed
Homelessness: We aim to support organizations that provide temporary residence to families and individuals experiencing homelessness. We will consider programs that offer emergency shelter and transitional housing – both with supportive services.
College and Career Readiness: Through our college readiness funding efforts, we will support programming that prepares underserved youth academically for education beyond high school. Through career readiness, we aim to invest in job and entrepreneurship training that will lead young adults to quality employment.
2019 Grant Application Timeline
- Application opens: 11 March
- Deadline to apply: 3 May
- Organizations will be notified of funding status in late-August
- Funds will be distributed in December 2019 for a 2020 program year
Interested in learning more about our UK and Germany Local Grants Programmes? Please follow the links below.
PIMCO Foundation Europe (UK)
PIMCO Europe Treuhandstiftung (Germany)
Amber Skalsky, Vice President